Construction Accountant / Project Accountant
Currently working with an established Construction company based in the Tri-Valley that is currently looking for a Construction / Project Accountant that will work closely with the Director of Finance and support various construction projects in regards to project accounting and working with various subcontractors. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years of experience within Construction Accounting / Project Accounting within a construction environment and excellent communication skills.
location: San Ramon, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Basic Function: The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, approving expenses, and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
1. Create project accounts in the accounting system
2. Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
3. Authorize access to project accounts
4. Authorize the transfer of expenses into and out of project-related accounts
5. Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project
6. Review and approve time sheets for work related to a project
7. Review and approve overhead charges to be applied to a project
8. Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
9. Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
10. Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings
11. Report on project profitability to management
12. Report to management on any opportunities for additional billings
13. Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
14. Create or approve all project-related billings to customers
15. Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers
16. Respond to requests for more detail from customers
17. Approve the write off of any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers
18. Close out project accounts upon project completion
19. Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects
20. Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.