job summary: Staff Accountant
Currently working with an established real estate development company based in the Tri-Valley that is currently looking for a Staff Accountant that will work closely with the Assistant Controller and Accounting Manager and support various corporate accounting functions including cash management, bank reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations, month-end close, etc. Qualified candidates will have 2+ years of experience within accounting, or AP, or AR.
location: San Ramon, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Staff Accountant Job Description Summary:
The Staff Accountant will participate in a variety of department functions, including but not limited to cash management, journal entries, billings, reconciliations and intercompany transactions. The Staff Accountant will support the Senior Property Accountants and the Operations Accounting Manager, assist in filing and other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliations and reporting of all company cash accounts, including posting of all cash-related transactions in the general ledger.
- Prepare weekly cash reporting.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Actively participate in the month-end close process, including preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist senior property accountants with monthly reporting packages.
- Prepare quarterly billing packages for owners.
- General filing and departmental support.
- Assist with providing support documents to third party auditors.
- Maintain department records to departmental standards.
- Support the cash receipts process, as needed.
- Support the accounts payable process, as needed.
- All other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance preferred or a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with general direction and guidance to provide quality, timely work output
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and customer service skills; team oriented
- Strong sense of urgency with ability to react quickly to challenges
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel desired
- Experience with Yardi Voyager, a plus
Please apply for consideration.
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.