Looking for an experienced resource who is fluid and can jump into the role in full comprehension. This resource must be comfortable working with a high volume in a fast-paced environment. Prior financial services experience and knowledge working with Workday / ADP Enterprise systems are preferred.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Payroll Department operates within the Human Resources division and is comprised of a talented and diverse group of professionals with expertise in North, South and Central American payroll processing and policies, accounting, tax and technology/systems. Payroll is a key partner to many departments throughout the Firm, including Legal, Corporate Tax, Finance and Business Unit Controllers. The group is responsible for paying up to 50,000 employees domestically, as well as expatriates and local employees in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico and Canada.
This position will be involved in processing a wide variety of compensation and deductions for our employees within the United States, including Financial Advisors. It will also be accountable for various responsibilities involving new hire, termination and leave processing, employee garnishments and support orders, as well as collaboration with our outside vendors. Duties will include a full array of appropriate customer service skills supporting all aspects of the department. The proper candidate will be able to efficiently leverage their payroll experience while executing government regulations as well as Morgan Stanley specific policies and processes. This position will also be involved in various projects evolving due to a new payroll system implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of experience in a fast paced financial environment exhibiting proficiency in all aspects of day to day operations
- Working knowledge of Workday and/or ADP Enterprise
- Working knowledge of Federal and State payroll policies, including FLSA laws, overtime and termination regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including advanced Excel processing
- Individual must be able to apply their prior payroll expertise to easily learn new applications, interpret and analyze current state, while being innovative and having the ability to adapt to change, while maintaining proper controls.
- Prior experience in payroll system implementation
- Strong oral and written communication skills required in order to effectively resolve issues with HR, employees, Legal, etc. while sustaining a high level of confidentiality inherent to Payroll matters
- Proven ability to work in an organized manner with the ability to manage time effectively to meet strict deadlines, at times handling multiple tasks concurrently while maintaining proper prioritization
- Must be self-motivated with the capability to think and act independently with strong attention to detail as well as potential risk issues
skills: Payroll Processing, Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.