Summary of Duties
Specialty Finance Company is seeking a Senior Accountant responsible for the full cycle of activity in our investment securities portfolio, derivatives portfolio and/or the borrowing facilities for our securities, including daily transaction processing, month-end close activities, and quarterly reporting. The Senior Accountant should be a detail-oriented self-starter with a strong accounting foundation.
location: Mill Valley, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Process transactions in the sub-ledgers and prepare journal entries and month-end reconciliations
- Perform bank account and other operating accounts reconciliations
- Design and produce various system-generated data reports
- Perform data analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of data in the general ledger and subledgers
- Assist in reviewing monthly and quarterly valuations
- Create month-end and quarter-end internal and external reporting files to be included in the earnings release,10-Q and 10-K SEC filings
- Maintain policies and procedures documentation, as appropriate
- Participate in internal control reviews and other risk assessments
- Lead process improvement initiatives related to securities and derivatives portfolio accounting
- Manage implementation of various other projects having critical impact on the group
- Partner with internal audit group and external audit teams during quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Perform accounting research related to investments, derivatives, and asset-backed securities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 5+ years accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and implement change
- General understanding of securities and derivative products
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in financial services industry
- Experience with Great Plains accounting software
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.