Responsible for providing detailed and accurate financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements. Strong problem solving skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, proven senior accounting skills and willingness to mentor junior team members are crucial to the success of this role. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
location: Newport Beach, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist in month end financial close, prepare monthly account reconciliations of designated accounts.
2. Prepare and record monthly fair value entries.
3. Prepare and record related derivative transactions and valuations.
4. Prepare analysis of revenue across business channels and work with Capital Markets to provide insight to revenue.
5. Assist the corporate accounting team with entries related to Mortgage Servicing Rights, Deferred Financing Fees, Interest Income, etc.
6. Act as lead senior accountant and provide research and apply relevant accounting guidance. Reviews and analyzes work as needed.
7. Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Demonstrates familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ability to quickly familiarize self with accounting software.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Intermediate math skills; calculate interest and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions that have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and cross functional departments.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules on a short term and long term basis.
- Ability to provide consultation and expert advice to management.
- Ability to deal with complex difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non standardized situations.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision while performing duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline preferred and a minimum of five (5) + years' experience working in a similar field.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred.
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- CFA Charter holder or CFA candidate preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.