The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Controller supervises a professional team and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
location: Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Controller performs professional level accounting work in the maintenance and review of fiscal records. The position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions.
This individual is responsible for the general ledger, job cost, bank reconciliations and accounts payable. Additional responsibilities include performing monthly closings, maintenance of accounting files, and preparation/organization of various financial forms, reports, and financial analyses, etc.
qualifications: Required Qualifications
- Proven working experience as a Controller.
- Must have 7+ years of experience as a Accounting leadership role.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA is a plus
- ERP experience
skills: Bank Reconciliations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.