A leading international law firm is seeking a Lead Billing Specialist to join their team. The Lead Billing Specialist will lead the full billing cycle for assigned attorneys. This position prepares and presents complex billing reports for billing attorney review and ensures that bills are posted on time.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $78,800 - 93,400 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
As a Lead Billing Specialist, you will:
- Process the full billing and approval cycle, including verifying correct fee arrangements, proactively researching and correcting pre-bills, coordinating with attorneys regarding edits, post bills, verifying that client bills are correctly submitted and approved, and closing out the matter
- Lead status meetings and present billing reports to assigned attorneys
- Coordinate with clients to establish billing preferences and procedures; ensure time and disbursement entries on invoices meet client requirements
- Collaborate with the e-billing team to ensure e-bills are processed timely, accurately and according to client specifications
- Train new team members regarding internal processes, procedures and billing software
- Assist with the implementation of new clients and matters to verify fee arrangements and ensure the client is set up correctly
- Follow up with billing attorneys regarding billing deadlines, status of pre-bills, and prepared invoices
- Notify billing attorneys of delinquent accounts and respond as directed
- Research and reconcile client accounts, payments, unapplied cash, etc. as necessary
- Monitor the third party electronic billing system for potential rejection of previously submitted bills
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with billing attorneys and legal secretaries
qualifications: Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of standard billing processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer services skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.