The Property Accountant is a Property level (entity) accounting staff position responsible for supporting property accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections accounting, CAM, billings, budgeting and financial reporting (P&L and Balance Sheet).
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Prepares month end and quarter end close for assigned properties, ensures accuracy of all general ledger information.
- Prepares and reviews monthly Balance Sheets, Income Statements and Cash Flows to verify account balances.
- Performs reconciliations and assembles the necessary detail and back-up for billing.
- Prepares and Processes monthly fees due.
- Prepare sales and use tax return forms and related backup and ensure the timely and accurate payment of amount due.
- Assists in improving processes, procedures related to above duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in written form. Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Ability to learn and understand new software when required
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of commercial real estate
- Ability to handle multiple projects, deadlines, and time constraints on multiple task
- Team player, flexible, commitment to doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
- 2+ years of Property Accounting experience, or Accountant titles in the Real Estate/Property Management industry
- MRI Experience- or similar in ERP
- Bachelor's Degree preferred- 7+ years of experience in property also suffices
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of CAMs and cash flow projections
skills: Property Accounting, MRI
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.