job summary: Assistant Controller SEC Reporting
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for corporate accounting and month-end closings in addition to the preparation and completion of SEC filings (i.e. 10-K, 10-Q, registration statements, etc.). The Assistant Controller will also be responsible for providing technical accounting support on complex business transactions and financial statement disclosures in accordance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
location: Pompano Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Preparation and timely completion of company monthly and annual financial statements including balance sheet, profit and loss statement, cash flow, and internal reports necessary to interpret the financial results.
- Ensure compliance, completeness and timely SEC filings; prepare Management Discussion and Analysis (MDA), notes to the financial statements, supplementary schedules and all other areas of the SEC filings.
- Research and evaluate impact of new accounting pronouncements and SEC guidance; incorporate/modify disclosure requirements arising from new pronouncements.
- Maintain accounting systems which comply with generally accepted accounting principles, tax, and management reporting requirements.
- Preparation of clear, concise and thorough memoranda documenting above accounting/reporting evaluations.
- Complete the SEC / GAAP checklists for filings; Assist in quarterly / annual SEC filings
- Ensure compliance with specified control processes under SOX (ensure key controls over financial reporting are operating effectively as the process owner)
- Review of quarterly earnings press releases and provide assistance for quarterly earnings conference calls
- Liaison with other members of the accounting department on technical accounting matters
- Preparation of ad hoc analyses as needed
- Coordination of certain aspects of external audit process
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
qualifications: Experience and Education:
- BBA in Accounting; CPA license required
- Graduate degree preferred
- Public accounting firm experience is a must
- 5 to 8 years of total accounting experience; 3 to 5 years of SEC & technical accounting matters
skills: Analysis, Audit-Internal, 10-K, 10-Q, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.