Senior Accountant - $60,000 to $70,000/year
Excellent opportunity to join a dynamic York County employer! This is a growing, fast-paced company that is commutable from all parts of York County as well as Dauphin and Cumberland Counties.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day general ledger accounting; performing inventory accounting; assisting with the monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes; assisting with accounts payable and accounts receivable activities; and maintaining financial controls.
Our client seeks a candidate with a minimum of two years of experience within a manufacturing or distribution setting. This would be a perfect opportunity for a candidate seeking a transition out of the public accounting industry!
Bachelor's degree is a must along with advanced Excel skills and ERP experience.
Based on the volume of resumes we receive on a daily basis, our firm will only respond to local candidates who meet these criteria.
location: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Review the day to day general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable activities
- Review daily batches from Operations to ensure proper postings
- Receipts batches for Inventory
- Cash Receipts Processing (Automated Uploads to Great Plains)
- Perform monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Maintain complete and accurate balance sheet reconciliations (eBSAR or Blackline)
- Enforce financial controls are maintained in the department
- Knowledge of US GAAP, revenue recognition principles and ability to apply
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Organizational skills, including attention to detail, problem solving and follow through
- Advanced Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Critical thinking, judgment and decision-making skills
- Results driven, team player, can work under tight deadlines and ability to communicate with all levels of financial and operational personnel.
- Financial system expertise, encompassing spreadsheet, queries, large volume data manipulation and reconciliation, and month-end accounting close process.
- Experience in relational databases such as Access or Cognos a plus
- Experience in ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or Great Plains a plus
- Experience working with multiple financial systems to obtain data to analyze the business.
- Requires oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate among peers as well as upper management
- 0-2 years Accounting experience is a plus preferably in a manufacturing or distribution industry?
skills: General Ledger, Inventory, A/P Review, A/R Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.