High growth dynamic FinTech company in San Francisco is currently seeking a Controller to run the accounting & finance function for the company. This position will be responsible for building out the infrastructure for the accounting & finance department and building out the team. Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of Accounting & Finance experience including a mix of public accounting & industry experience. For more information please apply directly.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 185,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
Reports To: Head of Finance
Position Summary: In this position, you will work closely with the Head of Finance and other members of the accounting team in all aspects of finance and accounting. The Controller is responsible for leading the accounting team. This role will also help to define accounting policies, design and implement automation of accounting processes and systems and support international growth. The Controller must have strong internal and external partnering skills. You will be responsible for managing the general accounting team and oversee the monthly financial close. You must have a strong accounting background with deep knowledge of GAAP. This position will be a great fit for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, surrounded by fun-loving, hard-working individuals.
* Hands-on management of day to day general accounting functions, including revenue reporting, accounting operations, consisting of accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable & fixed assets
* Manage monthly financial close, financial statement preparation and account reconciliation
* Review all month end entries
* Oversee Treasury functions and maintain banking relationships
* Facilitate in payroll processing and GL entry
* Strong experience in management reporting, technical accounting and implementation of business processes
* Act as a liaison to outside CPA firm, and review PBC requests prior to submission
* Manage annual financial audits and month/quarterly reporting for board meetings
* Manage tax filings including income tax, sales and use tax, VAT/GST
* Manage the 1099 filings, and annual 409A Valuation reports
* Review sales compensation plans, calculation of bonus payments to reps semi-monthly & quarterly basis
* Assist with stock option pool, equity management and reporting
* Provide financial analysis of budget to actual data
* Design, implement, and maintain systems, accounting processes, policies, and internal controls that will enable accurate financial reporting and compliance
* Lead analysis of technical accounting issues, identify relevant changes in accounting guidance and monitor processes for compliance.
* Prepare ad hoc reporting to support various departments
* Help build the team over time
* Finance/Accounting Degree, or at least 10 years of related accounting experience
* Big Four public accounting firm experience is highly preferred
* 10+ years of progressive public and/or private industry accounting related experience.
* Licensed CPA preferred
* Experience with a fast paced FinTech, Tech or Ecommerce company a plus
* Detail-oriented and exercises critical thinking is a must
* Strong organizational skills and be able to wear multiple financial hats
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Ability to work independently and be a proactive problem solver
* Excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated, intellectually curious individual - has the courage to challenge existing processes and offer suggestions for improvements.
* Experience in a multi-country/currency environment preferred.
* Strong Microsoft Office (Excel) and general software skills
Please apply directly to this posting for more information.
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.