job summary: Investment Accountant
Position is required to obtain bank and investment statements from various web sources and manipulate data using Excel to prepare journal entries to record investment transaction activity. Also responsible to reconcile the external reports and data to the general ledger and prepare various analyses, reconciliations, as well as operational and management reports . All work is Excel intensive and relies on advanced data management, data formulas, and data tools including pivot tables, filtering and more. This position will also prepare wire transfer requests, payment requests, assist with cash receipts and various other administrative tasks.
The candidate will use the following applications and have these additional skills:
- Oracle General Ledger, A/P, A/R
- Various investment and banking Web applications including: Northern Trust, Bank of America, Kaspick, US Trust
- Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Advanced Excel and proficient with Word
- Quick Learner
- Advance excel is required (please send results with resumes)
- Experience with V look up
- Experience with working with spreadsheets
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
salary: $23.25 - 31.00 per hour
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Reconcile disbursement accounts including Payroll and AP (checks, wires, ACH);
- Ensure that check and EFT disbursements are auto reconciled daily using the Oracle CM module. Complete bank reconciliations by 5th work-day of the following month
- Reconcile dedicated stand-alone accounts including PAA, Bursar (Collection, Fed Funds Title IV, Cal Grant), Athenaeum, Petty Cash, Campus AFSA and Benefit Billing;
- Reconcile transactions daily using the Oracle CM module for JPM accounts and the cashbook and account analyses for BOA and CEFCU accounts
- Monitor matching of daily transactions in the concentration accounts (JPM, BOA, CEFCU) and Merchant CC accounts
- Review and verify that all bank transactions are recorded and matched to Oracle transactions (cash receipts, journals, AP, etc...)
- Coordinate with Cash Accountant(s) to Departmental Deposit Forms or missing interface transactions
- Prepare final bank reconciliations for all accounts and upload to SharePoint GL Reconciliation for management review and approval
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting, banking, financial services or a combination of other relevant experience along with an understanding of accounting concepts
- Microsoft Word
- Expert level in Excel
- Working knowledge of CashPro, Wells Fargo, JPMorgan, etc.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize work load
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Ability to perform self-directed research and analysis
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Preferred: proficiency using Oracle (GL, AR, CM) particularly Cash Management
skills: Cash Applications, Investments, Bank Reconciliations, AP, Payroll Processing, Cash Forecasting/Cash Flow, Bank Investments
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.