job summary: ACCOUNTING SERVICES/TAX ASSOCIATE
This company is a full-service certified public accounting firm located in Orange County, California is looking for an experienced Accounting Services Associate. They pride themselves on providing a full spectrum of customized accounting and advisory services. Experience, commitment and integrity are the fundamental principles by which we conduct our business and we are looking for top quality talent to join our team.
location: Newport Beach, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Complete client record keeping responsibility including bank reconciliations, recording and adjusting journal entries through trial balance
- Compilation of financial statements requiring knowledge of cash vs. accrual accounting, assets and liabilities, depreciation, financial statement analysis
- Year-end closing procedures, internal controls, fraud detection
- Experience with preparation and filing of 1099s, Sales and Use Tax, Business Property Tax, Payroll Tax
- Fiscal and year-end planning and follow up/through with client, preparation of financial statements/trial balance for tax preparation and coordinate with tax department
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, to work directly with clients and associates
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision; manage multiple tasks and prioritize work in an efficient manner
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum six years of experience
- QuickBooks knowledge and proficiency required
- College degree preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe a must; experience with CCH products preferred
If this sounds like you please apply directly below.
skills: Quickbooks, TAX, tax audit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.