Our Client is seeking an engaged and experienced Cost Accountant who is actively seeking a great company to work for!
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for: Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor. Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
location: Hopkinsville, Kentucky
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, liability accounts
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Work in special projects as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5 to 7 years experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards.
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- CPA desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of ERP systems desired.
- Automotive Manufacturing background desired.
If qualified and interested, APPLY DIRECTLY OR send resumes to Brittany Johnston at email@example.com
skills: Manufacturing Cost Acct
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.