Our client, a government contractor in Alexandria, VA, is seeking an interim controller that will sit in their Alexandria, VA location.
location: Alexandria, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $90 - 100 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Maintain the accounting, timekeeping, and budgeting and planning systems as well as a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department & personnel. Includes AP/AR, GL and Payroll, etc.
- Provide oversight of the monthly/annual financial close process.
- Prepare and present financials and associated reports.
- Coordinate outside audits with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA/DCMA), oversee preparation of required items.
- Maintain accounting procedures and controls and monthly accounting calendar.
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
- Manage the production of the annual budget and quarterly updates.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Monitor cash flow, debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field. Ten years of experience may be a substitute.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Controller/Accounting Manager with a Federal government contractor supporting firm fixed price (FFP), time and material (T&M), and cost plus (CP) contracts across multiple agencies and locations.
- Must have solid knowledge of general accounting theories, principles and practices along with specific Federal contract accounting experience, cost accounting standards and FAR/DFARs knowledge.
- Experience with hands on preparation and review of provisional indirect rates, incurred cost submissions, pre-award audit support, and creation of forward pricing rates for proposals.
- Financial statement preparation experience.
- Supervisory experience of at least 3 staff.
- Must be able to maintain good relations with external and internal clients.
- Strong time management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work in a hands on manner in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to set up and maintain business process best practices.
The following attributes are Highly Desirable
for this position:
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field is strongly preferred.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Payroll and Human Resources Information Systems, specifically Payroll Network
- Experience with Unanet or similar accounting applications (Deltek Premier GCS)
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 as it applies to finance.
- A good understanding of Federal taxes and state taxes in TN, VA, DC and MD as a minimum.
Experience with consolidated financial statements.
skills: Deltek, Contract Administration, Month-End Close, Government Contract Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.