- In close coordination with the Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist Senior participates in all aspects of the bi-weekly payroll cycle.
- The Payroll Specialist Senior ensures compliance with procedures as well as union, state, and federal regulations.
location: Alameda, California
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 29 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Provides support in all areas of payroll cycle as needed, including processing bi-weekly payroll, garnishments and levies, manual checks/adjustments, LOA payment integration and Kronos timekeeping review and audit
- Assists in review and updating of all payroll policies and procedures to maximize efficiency of payroll cycle
- Assists in special projects designed to streamline systems and workflow
- Ensures policies and procedures are followed for the timely generation of payroll (i.e. timely accurate paychecks are issued in accordance with state and federal regulations)
- Remains current with federal, state, rulings by studying existing, and new legislation (e.g. APA, seminars/webinars)
- Keeps abreast of system upgrades and assists with special projects and testing
- Assists with accurate and timely quarter and year-end tax reconciliation and reporting
- Handles escalated customer service issues, while keeping Payroll Manager informed;
- Assists Payroll Specialists with questions and workflow as needed in the absence of the Payroll Manager
- Relates with others in a positive and professional manner so that maximum job results are produced
- Maintains payroll schedule/calendar for processing in coordination with Telecare and bank holidays
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions while keeping manager informed
- Compose a variety of correspondence and reports, which requires judgment regarding content, accuracy, and completeness
- Demonstrated experience with payroll systems and processes for a medium to large organization
- Knowledge of methods, practices, and principals of payroll preparation and processing
- Experience with financial record keeping, including accounting theories as applied to payroll transactions
- Experience with UltiPro (preferred) and automated time and attendance systems, such as Kronos Timekeeper
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Excel and Word. Kronos, BI and UltiPro experience highly preferred
- Experience with multi state garnishment and wage levy processing
- Necessary skills include the ability to work with minimal direction and the ability to effectively organize work, including a broad knowledge of accounting/general office procedures and ability to follow detailed complex instructions
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Apply now and contact Antonio(email@example.com) or call directly 415-733-3654 Ext. 33654
skills: Payroll Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.