A leading financial services firm, is seeking an Investment Accountant for a great opportunity in Richmond. The ideal candidate will preferably have 2+ years of accounting experience.
location: Glen Allen, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Monitoring and analysis of net investment income, realized capital gains and losses, invested assets and liabilities, as well as other investment data elements throughout the month.
- Independently working to research and successfully resolve security specific issues that impact the accounting results, while engaging with investment professionals, operations, and other teams within Investment Finance as needed.
- Reconciliation of accounting entries and information between various sources, including the investment accounting system, investment trial balance, enterprise general ledger, and investment data warehouse.
- Analysis and documentation of investment results, including trends and variances in the income statement and balance sheet, to support monthly management reporting.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual statutory investment schedules.
- Understand GAAP and statutory guidance to provide assistance on accounting implications for new investment strategies and ensure results are consistent with the guidance
- Support Sarbanes documentation and continuously monitor internal controls
- Assisting with various projects and ad hoc requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance
- 1-3 years private or public accounting, brokerage or private equity experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills; Microsoft suite
- Knowledge of Advent Geneva a plus
- Ability to take full ownership of and responsibility for a Fund's accounting and administration needs
- Be a team player with an excellent work ethic
Send your resume for immediate consideration to Tathiane.Thompson@RandstadUSA.com.
skills: Account Reconciliation, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.