Commercial Property Accountant needed for company in Boca Raton that offers excellent benefits and a great corporate culture!
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Job Scope: Provide full-scale accounting support for the property management team, and function as a key member of this management team. Pay is $60-65K and is a temp to perm opportunity.
Commercial Property Accountant Principal Accountabilities:
- Annual year-end reconciliation process - CAM, percentage rent, insurance utilities, sewer/trash, real estate taxes.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports - prepare monthly journal entries, financial statement preparation, and bank reconciliations.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable process - monitor cash receipts, review and bill tenant recurring charges and billing adjustments and perform tenant ledger reconciliations.
- Coordinate Accounts Payable process - review invoice coding and approvals, and ensure proper audit trail is in place.
- Maintain sales information - monitor collection of sales and review reports.
- Review leases and leasing activity to ensure accurate billing.
- Supervise cash management procedures - audit petty cash, oversee service center cash procedures and gift certificate procedures.
- Assist with annual budget preparation - compile key assumptions and capital budget information, maintain lease level budgeting for all tenants, review and enter budget information into the accounting system, process estimates for miscellaneous income and specialty leasing.
- Prepare quarterly reports - quarterly forecast preparation, and provide support to the corporate office in gathering information for the quarterly financial reports.
- Coordinate payroll reporting process.
- Assist in all audits at the property.
Commercial Property Accountant Requirements
- B.S./B.A. - Accounting
- 3-5 years Commercial Real Estate accounting experience
- Microsoft office product knowledge, Excel, and real estate accounting software preferred
- CAM reconciliations
skills: General Ledger, A/P Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.