The Processor is responsible for obtaining and preparing loan documents, credit documents, appraisals, etc., to complete loan files. This position will maintain and update records and files for processing of each loan, verify files for accuracy and completeness, and perform data entries. The Processor will also package loan files after closing, and posts payments. This position may prepare credit reports and/or purchase contracts.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
Essential Job Functions:
- Order all verifications, appraisals, title work, FHA Case Numbers.
- Act as trouble-shooter for problem loans, interacting between LO, client, and lender.
- Logging new loans.
- Reviewing 1003 for accuracy.
- Preparing stipulation file/requirements and reviewing with Originator.
- Follow up to ensure Statement of Credit Denial letters issued.
- Prepare and distribute aging reports to Originators.
- Pre-underwrite all loans to ensure proper supporting documentation.
- Coordinate and distribute lender and underwriting changes.
- Request routine additional documentation from loan customer.
- Collect, submit and clear ALL underwriting and ALL funding conditions.
- Coordinate closing date and location between Originator, Lender, and closing agent.
- Review HUD prior to closing.
- Identify and follow through on solutions for problems or potential problems with staff, cleanliness of office, orders, flow of customers and visitors, as well as problems with computers and software.
- Ensure proper timelines and follow up procedures are adhered to with loans in Prospect list and Pipeline list.
- Verify confidentiality is secure by keeping drawers and sensitive information in locked drawers/cabinets.
- All changes in lenders and programs by lenders must be approved by VP of Operations prior to changes.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
High School Diploma and work experience plus two (2) or more years of mortgage experience
2-3 year(s) as Mortgage Loan Processor in conventional and/or government lending experience preferred
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
A thorough knowledge of conventional and government mortgage processing is required at this level in order to handle more complicated loan packages
If interested, please contact Mark Hays at 410-783-8524 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
skills: Loan Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.