Senior Buyer- Our client in the Cartersville, GA area is actively looking for a Sr. Buyer to join their well-established fast-paced team. The right candidate would have 5+ years of experience in a Buyer/Procurement role for a manufacturing or high volume distribution company.
location: Rome, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Ensure purchased products and services are of top quality and meet the right specifications and requirements
- Prepare and publish specifications for bids/RFPs, evaluate and document responses/results, verify history of supplier service and ability to meet contract specifications and negotiate contracts
- Develop an effective supplier base by cultivating supplier relationships through reviews of operations and mutually beneficial programs
- Strong customer service with all departments of the plant
- Recommend new suppliers based on quality, service, and competitive pricing
- Obtain maximum value regarding cost, quality, delivery and service levels
- Overall assurance of customer satisfaction, value generation, and service delivery
- Track and report supplier performance and escalate supplier issues as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5 years purchasing experience including bidding, negotiating, and administering contracts and agreements .
- Industrial/manufacturing experience required.
- MS office Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook
- SAP Knowledge Preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.