Currently seeking a Revenue Manager for a well established consumer technology company. This is a publicly traded company that has a great product and dynamic corporate culture. This position would oversee a team of 3 Senior Revenue Accountants and run revenue recognition, revenue accounting, audits, and a variety of special project work. Qualified candidates will either have public accounting OR a mix of public accounting and industry experience with 6+ years of experience. CPA a plus.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 167,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
The Revenue Manager will be a key Finance liaison for the Sales, Legal and Business Development teams in reviewing new business deals and arrangements for appropriate financial and revenue recognition considerations. The Revenue Manager will also participate in the financial statement close process, ensuring revenue is calculated timely and accurately. In addition, the Revenue Manager will be a key resource for maintaining and updating revenue policy, policies and practices around revenue systems and SOX policies and control requirements. This role will manage a team of 3 full time employees.
· Participate in the deal review process from a finance perspective for all IOs, reseller agreements, partnerships and any other revenue-generating events.
· Partner with Sales, Business Development and Legal in the Central Region to ensure that new arrangements, projects or partnerships maintain compliance with the Company's revenue recognition policy and achieve the best interests of the Company.
· Document non-standard and judgmental contractual items in memos for review by Finance management.
· Review and maintain revenue policy. Continually update policy for new accounting pronouncements and developments.
· Assist in calculating revenue to be recognized on multiple element arrangements under ASC 606 guidance.
· Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing journal entries, reconciliations or other analysis as requested.
· Collaborate with external auditors to explain key new arrangements and to determine the proper accounting for the items.
· Help maintain the revenue recognition policy for changes in the business or for new product lines, and keep management updated of any new policies or projects.
· Partner with various departments to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business initiatives.
· Ensure revenue recognition processes are SOX compliant.
· Support Internal Audit.
· Assist in various initiatives and the adoption of new accounting guidance.
· Train the billing team on issues identified and share knowledge of how to avoid errors in future periods.
· Lead trainings on key revenue recognition requirements for finance partners.
· Assist with special projects needed by Management.
· Supervise junior staff as necessary.
· Must have significant hands on experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards
· Experience with Big 4 accounting firms preferred
· Experience managing a team with multiple direct reports
· Experience in digital or radio based media highly valued
· Demonstrated success with process improvement initiatives required
· Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
· Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
· Masterful Excel skills
· A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
· Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
Please apply for more information.
skills: Revenue Accounting, Revenue Recognition
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.