Randstad Professionals is currently seeking a talented Production Scheduler
for an immediate opening with a manufacturing company located in Richmond, VA.
The Production Scheduler creates, maintains, and adjusts the production schedule for all assigned product or service lines utilizing demand planning inputs, production and supply capacity inputs, and strategic business goals. The Production Scheduler works closely with production, sales teams, procurement, and plant operations personnel to meet the customer's needs and corporate objectives. The incumbent's decisions are of great significance to the company and erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure of the company to achieve major goals and objectives.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Schedules and plans all production orders for assigned product or service lines.
- Manages applicable performance indicators, such as on-time delivery to commit and on-time delivery to customer request (OTDC and OTDR).
- Reviews production order backlog daily to ensure prioritization of schedule.
- Confirms ship dates in MRP for all assigned product or service line orders within 3 business days of Purchase Order Approval.
- Supports the Project Management and Quotation teams with lead times, expedited requests, and order status updates.
- Manages late orders, identifies shortages, and works with Materials and Strategic Procurement teams to provide effective solutions.
- Performs monthly and annual data collection for on-time delivery, and creates countermeasures to improve monthly on-time delivery percentages for the facilities.
- Supports level loading, line rate capacity, and overtime management goals.
- Develops and implements continuous improvement projects to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supports new product/program launches, Engineering Change Orders (ECO's), and product phase out.
- Complies with applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Complies with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or other applicable program required
- 6-Sigma certification recommended
- Minimum three (3) years' experience in Production Scheduler role
- MRP experience required, preferably Made2Manage
- Inventory management experience required
- Experience with manufacturing of electronic products in a custom-engineered, short lead time business cycle preferred
If you're interested please apply to the posting OR reach out to James Boatwright with your resume at email@example.com
skills: Material Requirement Plan/MRP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.