Project Accountant will manage the overall project accounting process across the assigned geography/project. Collaborate with client and account personnel to develop and implement processes, controls, and reporting to assure superior delivery of accounting services in support of occupancy and infrastructure projects. Candidates must have a strong finance, accounting, and systems background. This role will require close collaboration with Field Operations, Project Management and Finance.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Partner with clients and account personnel to develop the project scope, justification, estimates, funding requests, contractual agreements, building specifications, project deliverables and budget plans. Ensure project deliverables and budgets support business and company objectives. Aggressively control change orders to project schedule or budget
- Act as the primary liaison for project accounting to all client representatives and account team members involved with the project.
- Provide professional project accounting support for all projects within the portfolio.
- Track status of approved projects and maintain financial records for all projects.
- Perform financial and general accounting functions including: project accounting & budgeting, project cost/commitment analysis/reporting and support to management.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the project delivery and accounting processes.
- Review, document & manage the process for preparing and issuing client invoices for project fees. Report quarterly on invoice statuses for fee eligible projects.
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Provide accounting and financial support to management and client, including monthly project financial reports and account analyses.
- Provide adhoc reports for internal and external customers as requested.
- 2-5 years+ minimum of experience specifically in project accounting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business
- Knowledge of SAP Software or other enterprise accounting platform.
skills: Project Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.