The top ocean logistics transportation company in the United States is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant. The ideal Senior Staff Accountant will be degreed, have 5 years of experience as a staff accountant or higher, and bilingual (Spanish). This Senior Staff Accountant will also have strong analytical skills and be able to perform pivot and lookup tables with ease. Step into the role of the Senior Staff Accountant where you will be responsible for account reconciliations, monitoring the rate sheets and updating tariffs, performing intercompany transactions, and general accounting.
If you are looking for your next career step please contact Kourtney Kadrich at 713.273.7426 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 650,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
As a Senior Accountant, the core accountabilities will include:
- Plan, coordinate and manage the month end close cycle and related activities.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements and related variance analysis for both internal and external users.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and cash reconciliations to support financial statements.
- Review the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements to explain monthly and year to date trends and variances to annual budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor and report revenue and expense activities in analytical and metric based formats.
- Assist with preparation of operating budgets, capital budgets and flash reports as required.
The target qualifications for a Senior Accountant include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3-6 years of total accounting experience
- Public accounting and CPA preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to self-start and work independently to achieve targets and goals
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
Click to apply, email (email@example.com) or call (713.273.7426) to express interest and discuss your qualifications for this Senior Accountant opportunity. We are ready to interview today!
skills: Budgeting, Account Reconciliation, Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.