job summary: Tax Documentation Compliance Operations Analyst Tax Documentation Compliance Operations Analyst Overview
- The Tax Operations Analyst will be part of a team responsible for maintaining the tax data within our accounting systems.
- This data is utilized for the production of Form 1099's, Form 1042-S, and tax packages for our Wealth Management Clients.
- These activities include daily, weekly, monthly and annual reviews for tax withholding and reporting processes, understanding controls, and participating in reviews to provide consistent and accurate tax reporting in accordance with regulatory requirements to our Wealth Management Clients.
- The Tax Operations Analyst is expected to assist the team with tax projects that impact our accounting system including system enhancements, transition of accounts from other platforms, new securities, and new services.
- The Tax Operations Analyst is expected to perform the daily activities and be flexible in working the required hours, which may include some weekends and holidays. (Heavy volume periods - first and fourth quarter)
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 28 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
responsibilities: Tax Documentation Compliance Operations Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Analyze transactional activity for consistency and accuracy; liaise with appropriate team(s) and/or individual(s) to facilitate the required adjustments
- Assess the impact of industry, legislative, and/or other changes and develop and communicate required procedural changes resulting from the industry and legislative changes
- Review and analyze the integrity of client data
- Responsible for required tax withholding and reporting
- Perform data and tax package analysis as well as year-end controls and verification
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and recommend efficiency enhancements
- Cross train with other team members, other operational teams, as well as Client Service
- Document and enhance procedures and training documentation
- Document and enhance MIS relating to data analysis, inquiries, and maintain daily MIS
- Ensure adherence to procedures, control policies, and service level agreements
- Communicate and participate in multiple operational, technological, and business projects (business requirements, testing, implementation, procedures, etc.)
- Liaise with business partners to assist in the development, enhancement, and implementation of best practices (other areas of Wealth Management, Investment Bank, and the firm)
- Serve as a subject matter expert
qualifications: Job Qualifications
- Two to four years of financial/operational experience; tax experience required
- Ability to multi-task, plan, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a strong team member
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; comfortable with scheduling and facilitating discussions
- Self-directed and motivated with attention to detail
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Products - Word, Excel and Power Point
- BS/BA required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.