This is an opportunity with a growing company north of Seattle as a Payroll Specialist. This is a long term project with the possibility to go permanent.
location: Bellevue, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $21 - 31 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 2 Years
- Prepare and submit paper payroll checks for employees who do not have direct deposit
- Collect banking information for direct deposit setup and initiate deposits on paydays
- Familiarize yourself and keep current with the taxation of salaries, benefits and other factors
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications
- Maintain and document all payroll records
- Conduct semi-annual audits of all payroll records
- Reconcile general ledger with regard to payroll transactions
- Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns
2 years of experience.
Degree is not required.
Attention to detail is a must as well as be able to work in a fast paced environment.
skills: 401K, 403B, Commissions, Benefit Administration, Data Processor, 1099s
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.