Senior Accountant - Very successful retail/consumer products company is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to support their accounting operations including supporting the GL, financial reporting, lease accounting, fixed assets, etc. for their operations. Would help support the Director of Accounting on a number of special projects as well. Qualified candidates will have 4+ years of accounting experience within industry or public accounting and strong general ledger experience.
location: Emeryville, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: OVERALL FUNCTION:
The Senior Accountant is an integral part of our accounting team and is responsible for providing reliable, timely and accurate financial data in a dynamic environment. In this role, you will handle various duties within the accounting department and will have a combination of assigned responsibilities plus ad-hoc projects. The senior accountant is a full-time, exempt position and reports to the Director of Accounting. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform monthly and quarterly accounting close responsibilities as assigned including, recording, reconciling and analyzing general ledger accounts and transactions
- Manage accounting associated with retail store occupancy and operating expenses including, but not limited to rent, deferred rent, CAM, telecom, utilities and supplies
- Provide P&L fluctuation analysis for retail store expenses to FP&A and business partners
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations in a timely manner, ensuring all items are supported and properly accounted for in accordance with US GAAP
- Responsible for some of the Company's bank reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation for audit including verification of transactions; ensure adequate documentation and preparation of schedules
- Assist in the streamlining of accounting processes and establishment of more robust internal controls
- Assist Controller and Director of Accounting with other ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- 4-6 years relevant accounting experience required,
- Previous retail experience desirable
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Excellent analytical skills; strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills working with large amounts of data
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
Please apply for more information.
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.