The Senior Accountant will be responsible for all activities surrounding the general ledger. This person will play a major role in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process including preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations and account analysis, preparing audit schedules, and special projects as assigned. This position requires in-depth knowledge of accrual basis accounting, proficiency in accounting systems and strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an efficient financial reporting process. In addition, the Senior Accountant will require great attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and will have frequent interactions with cross-functional teams.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: other
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Responsible for monthly close procedures including to the preparation of recurring month-end journal entries and adjustments in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with reconciling and analyzing various balance sheet accounts including identification and explanation of variances
- Handle special projects and provide back-up support as needed for finance/accounting team
- Interact with business managers and external auditors; provide clarification and accounting support
- Assist with the documentation of current departmental procedures
- Drive process improvement and identify opportunities for efficiency
- Preparation of ad hoc reports and analyses, as required.
- 4-6 years of work experience in a relevant role, including a mix of public accounting and private industry experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the US GAAP
- Experience using various financial systems is a plus (including NetSuite ERP).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Ease with developing relationships among various levels of an organization
- Impeccable written and verbal communication
- A keen sense of attention to detail and an ability to prioritize tasks on multiple projects
- Highly effective analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities, and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to manage relationships with internal business managers as well as with external auditors and other external parties
- Active CPA license preferred or In Process
- A degree from an accredited university with an emphasis in Accounting
qualifications: If you fit the job description above please send your resume to Cindy Lukic at Cindy.email@example.com or Call me at (917) 283-9249
skills: CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.