job summary: Plant Cost Accountant Overview:
Randstad Professionals is currently supporting a Global Manufacturer seeking an ambitious & driven Plant Cost Accountant to join their team. This role is open due to growth within the organization over several acquisitions. Qualified candidates should possess the following skills below:
location: Elkton, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Job Details:
- Periodically post financial activity with corresponding manufacturing variances, researching excessive variances and coordinating any necessary corrections
- Run processes for allocation utilities and indirect expenses to direct departments
- Support preparation of manufacturing financial reports and analyzing key plant variance drivers including: PPV, cycle count, inventory adjustments, over/under absorption of overheads, etc.
- Report monthly budget vs. actual expense reporting and explain variances to plant leadership
- Analyze, report, & troubleshoot issues surrounding the weekly/monthly material yield reports for plant cost/operations.
- Prepare analysis and report on monthly plant performance metrics explaining variances to standard/plan
- Reconcile inventory quantities and dollars - Raw Material and WIP
- Provide reporting on inventory adjustments, sampling, chemicals consumption, physical/cycle counts, scrap, write-offs and yield.
- Actively participate in annual budgeting exercises
- Assist in the compilation of departmental and work center budgets
- Develop new standard costs for products based on budget and explain variances from previous standard
- Periodically prepare cost absorption simulations depending on volume changes to determine P&L impact.
- Monitor and track activity on active capital projects and provide monthly reporting to management at all levels.
- Provide fixed asset listings and depreciation schedules as needed
- Prepare monthly capital expenditure reconciliation to General Ledger
- Work in conjunction with the Financial Analysis Team by providing financial analysis for special ad-hoc projects.
qualifications: Job Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting
- 5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in the use of large ERP systems
- Knowledge of financial reporting software strongly desired
skills: Financial Reporting, Month-End Close, capital expenditures, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.