job summary: Plant Financial Analyst Overview
Randstad Professionals is currently supporting a Global Manufacturer seeking an ambitious & driven Plant Financial Analyst to join their team. This role is open due to growth within the organization over several acquisitions. Qualified candidates should possess the following skills below:
location: Elkton, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Job Details
- Actively participate and provide financial guidance
- Work with cross functional teams to gather inputs for projects and financial analysis
- Support multi-plant projects by working with piers at other global plant sites.
- Support various department with ad-hoc projects by providing financial analysis
- Support financial initiatives and as needed create financial models at the direction of Financial Leadership
- Conduct any Ad Hoc financial analyses per Operational or Financial Leadership request
- Prepare and present monthly budget vs. actual expense reporting for managers and explain variances to leadership
- Summarize and present monthly, quarterly and annual spending analysis
- Assist with investigation and resolution of inquiries into spending variances
- Actively participate in cost reduction programs and subsequent reporting of achievement
- Provide ad-hoc financial reporting support
- Coordinate annual budgeting tasks with corporate and business finance groups
- Assist R&D and Manufacturing Engineers with creation of CapEx and Operational Budgets
- Ensure project budgets maintain alignment with yearly budgeting exercises
- Provide assistance to cost accounting in reconciling latest project cost estimates to new yearly standard costs and explain variances from model estimates
- Monitor and track activity on active projects and provide monthly reporting to management on both project capital and operational expense to budget.
- Monitor project cost and spend alignment between various data sources.
- Coordinate with cost accounting on capital projects ready for closure to ensure timely closure and alignment with operational requirements
qualifications: Job Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a financial or economic discipline and a minimum of 5-8 years of finance experience of increasing responsibility.
- MBA, MS in Finance, CPA, CFA or any other designation is a plus
- Prior experience with a manufacturing setting is strongly preferred
- Prior experience with large ERP Systems preferred
- Understanding of discounted cash flow analysis and principles of financial modeling.
- Experience with building and running financial models.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly grasp complex business situations.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely to business leadership.
- Advanced/expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent analytical, budgeting, and forecasting skills
skills: Budgeting, Forecasting, Financial Reporting, capital expenditures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.