job summary: Collections Specialist
The Collections Specialist is accountable for collecting the maximum amount of overdue funds from customers, which may include a variety of customer location techniques, collection methods, legal claims, and the selective use of outside collection services.
- 3+ years of collections experience, and have experience with an automated telephone dialing system and collections database.
- Associate's degree in business preferred.
- Must have Large Distribution Company experience.
- Must be detail oriented, with the ability to work independently.
$22-$26 per hour
location: San Clemente, California
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 26 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 4 Years
- Stratify collection activities to maximize cash receipts.
- Issue dunning letters to overdue accounts.
- Uses skip tracing techniques to locate customers.
- Contact customers regarding overdue accounts and determine reasons for non-payment.
- Issue payment commitment letters.
- Negotiate the return of unpaid merchandise.
- Repossess merchandise when payment is unlikely.
- Monitor cash on delivery or COD roll payments.
- Issue credit hold notifications.
- Coordinate customer credit changes with the credit department.
- Recommend that accounts be shifted to a collection agency.
- Process small claims court complaints.
- Recommend bad debt write-offs.
- Maintain accurate records about the customer payment status.
qualifications: Application Process:
When we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and the best talent interviews with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Interviewing now! Click Apply to submit your resume today. Not ready to apply or have questions? Call Ashley at 949-265-5821.
skills: Credit Collections, Commercial Collections
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.