The Accountant will support the finance and accounting for locations as assigned. Perform month-end close activities, analyze and verify financial information, and prepare internal financial reports. Provide information to the field regarding accounting practices and procedures. Reconcile and review certain general ledger accounts. Apply accounting knowledge to lead groups on projects. Provide guidance to Accounting Coordinators and Accountant I staff, and perform related work as required. Work internally with employees at all levels in the organization. External contacts may include vendors, and banks internal and external auditors as needed. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
location: Henrico, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts.
- Prepare and/or review detailed journal entries.
- Prepare and record month-end accruals.
- Prepare and publish internal month-end, quarter-end, and year-end reporting.
- Perform moderately complex accounting reconciliations and balance sheet trend analysis, as assigned.
- Prepare reports and make recommendations that aid management in determining the proper accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures. Provide recommendations for process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with accounting and reporting deadlines. Maintain and/or lead established moderately complex accounting projects as assigned by management.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related area
- 4-6 years of business experience
- 2-4 years of general accounting experience
- Thorough understanding and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial information
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- General ledger accounting system experience
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/tasks in a changing environment
- Self-motivated with ability to work under and meet strict deadlines individually as well as in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control environment
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Master's degree in Accounting
- 4-6 years of general accounting experience
- SAP experience or exposure to other major ERP applications
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.