Randstad is partnering with this industry leader to help them find a Procurement Representative for a potential contract / contract to hire (C2H) position in the fast growing market of Columbus, OH!
The Purchasing / Procurement Representative procures services and materials of low to moderate agreement complexity and risk to the business unit. This position also handles routine or standard purchase orders, subcontract agreements, and related documentation in accordance with established procurement policies and procedures, and government laws and regulations
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 21 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: High School
experience: 2 Years
- Drafts and negotiates simple procurement instruments.
- Issues RFP/RFQ's and obtains proposals/quotes for standard products and services in support of new business proposals and on-going projects.
- Seeks and promotes competition in the acquisition of goods and services.
- Reviews and evaluates vendor proposals/quotes to ensure fair and reasonable prices and compliance with the requirements of the procurement.
- Assists in the review of higher complex solicitations and helps prepares routine responses for proposals, bids, and subcontract modifications.
- Supports negotiation of agreements of low to moderate complexity, as required to mitigate risks and optimize profitability.
- Proposes solutions to problems encountered in negotiations and assists in solving problems that may arise.
- Reviews requisitions for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares, organizes and maintains procurement records and file documentation in an audit ready condition.
- Identifies basic compliance problems and provides recommended solutions for the approval of higher level staff/management.
- Recommends sources of supply to users/technical staff utilizing market knowledge, experience, special purchasing resource files, etc. and makes recommendations for vendor/order selection and order placement.
- Under the direction of senior procurement staff, analyzes procurement requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions, and contract flow downs to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and Battelle policies.
- Assists senior procurement staff in working with internal and/or external business teams on issues and developments relative to assigned procurement.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience.
- 0-2 years of general business, purchasing or acquisition/contract-related experience or equivalent years of education and experience.
- Requires some knowledge and experience in procurement, supply management, contracting concepts and UCC/Federal Acquisition regulations.
- Knowledge of business principles in areas such as supply chain management, purchasing, business and contracts law, finance, accounting and standard operating procedures.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Independently able to execute basic purchasing responsibilities and resolve problems of low to moderate complexity with suppliers and supported client staff.
- Ability to draft simple contractual instruments in accordance with prescribed templates and guidelines.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please click to apply! You can also send your updated resume, with your contact information to:
Jessica Beal Jessica.Beal@Randstadusa.com
Who is Randstad??
Learn more at www.randstadusa.com
I will contact you as soon as possible!
skills: Vendor Relations, Contract Administration, Purchasing/Procurement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.