job summary: Senior Accountant for Children's Advocacy Organization
This organization, founded in 1988 and based in Wash DC with chapters throughout the US, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join it's Finance Dept.
The Senior Accountant position reports to the CFO and ensures that financial records, files and ledgers are accurate. An understanding of GAAP accounting principles and information technology is an important skillset for this position. Additionally, this person will supervise the Accounts Payable and Finance Assistant. Work is performed by applying knowledge of accounting terminology and using spreadsheets and/or automated accounting systems.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Prepare accounts receivable invoices and take necessary steps to obtain prompt payment.
- Monitor accounts receivable collections and prepare aging reports for department heads.
- Post ACH deposits from outside sources (PayPal, other credit card processing systems) and provide monthly reports to CFO and ED for review
- Reconcile, post, and manage all company credit cards, which include ensuring expense compliance with internal financial reporting guideline and obtaining all the receipts.
- Manage online electronic time card system.
- Process payroll bi-monthly and maintain all records in the third-party payroll provider system (i.e. setup new employees, state tax setup, terminations, deductions)
- Supervise Accounts Payable and Finance Assistant
- Annual transparency Act reporting
- Risk assessment of sub awardees
- Salary deferral plans reporting
- Assist CFO with audit preparation
- Assist with monthly closing of the financials, monthly management reports and other supplemental information
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of Accounting exp
- Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit accrual accounting
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting principles
- Positive and solution-focused with demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
This organization is Metro accessible in Wash DC and offers a tremendous benefits package including 100% paid for health insurance. Salary for this position is $65,000 - 75,000. If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.