Staff Accountant for Children's Advocacy Organization
This national children's advocacy organization, founded in 1988 and based in Wash DC, is looking for a Staff Accountant to join it's Finance Department.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for reviewing and coding all American Express receipts in accounts payable and other payables as needed. Preparing all accounts receivable invoices for membership, accreditation, Leadership Conference, and miscellaneous reimbursements, plus monthly collection emails and calls. Code and post all cash receipts from online payment processors and review information for accuracy; and maintain accounting records. Maintain online timesheet system and process payroll bi-monthly. This position reports to the Controller and will ensure that financial records, files and ledgers are accurate. An understanding of GAAP accounting principles and information technology is an important skill set for this position.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
· Prepare accounts receivable invoices and take necessary steps to obtain prompt payment.
· Monitor accounts receivable collections and prepare aging reports for department heads.
· Post ACH deposits from outside sources (PayPal, other credit card processing systems) and provide monthly reports to CFO and ED for review
· Reconcile, post, and manage all company credit cards, which include ensuring expense compliance with internal financial reporting guideline and obtaining all the receipts.
· Manage online electronic time card system.
· Prepare payroll bi-monthly and maintain all records in the third-party payroll provider system (i.e. setup new employees, state tax setup, terminations, deductions)
· Assist Controller with audit preparation
· Assist with monthly closing of the financials, monthly management reports and other supplemental information
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Bachelor's degree
· Demonstrated experience working in nonprofit accrual accounting
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting principles
· Positive and solution-focused with demonstrated problem-solving skills
· Excellent organization skills
This organization is Metro accessible in Wash DC and offers a tremendous benefits package including 100% paid for health insurance. Salary for this position is $65,000 - 75,000. If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.