Top International Law Firm in San Francisco has a need for a paralegal in its litigation department. This is a great opportunity to build on your career with a top Bay Area law firm. The ideal candidate will be able to excellently perform tasks across all aspects of the litigation process. This ranges from case management of each matter (case initiation, discovery, trial, and appeals), case calendaring, and document management, assisting with filing and serving court documents, factual and legal research, and preparing attorneys for depositions, hearings and trials. Familiarity with California and Federal court rules and procedures will be ideal.
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Assist in all phases of a matter from case inception through trial or resolution.
- Assist with document collections, document reviews, and document productions.
- Coordinate management of case documents, including organization, review and production of documents.
- Consult with internal eDiscovery team to manage document databases and coordinate electronic discovery proceedings.
- Assist with the preparation of court filings, including cite and fact checking legal briefs, confirming proper Bluebook citation, proofreading, and assembling of exhibits and appendices.
- Assist with depositions, including preparation of witness files, exhibits, notices and subpoenas, and deposition summaries.
- Ability to search through Lexis, Westlaw, SEC, PACER, or other legal resources for case law, patents, Annual Reports, and public company financials.
- Assist with trial preparation and logistics, including preparation of witness files, management of exhibits, setting up trial space, and attending trial, as required.
The right candidate will be self-motivated, ambitious, follow directions, think outside the box, available and willing to work overtime. You will be able to apply strong practice-related knowledge and skills to complete projects and tasks. While effectively and cost efficiently identifying, promoting, and applying technologies and strategies to maximize accuracy and timeliness in carrying out assignments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ready and excited to join a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- A Bachelor's degree and a Paralegal Certificate required
- Minimum 3 years experience
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to Michael.Gersovitz@randstadusa.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.