Under the management of the Controller this newly created position will be responsible for all inventory accounting functions.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Job Responsibilities
- Reconcile merchandise receiving to general ledger, resolve any differences and record cost of goods sold monthly
- Reconcile & Record all intercompany merchandise transfers
- Review and reconcile physical inventory counts to general ledger recording any discrepancies
- Provide accounting support to field operations
- Assist in completing month, yearend closings and year end audit.
- Work with Inventory Accounting Manager on Inventory Management system implementation
- Complete ad hoc reporting and special reports
- Assist in enforcing and updating inventory policies and procedures as well as establishment of the same as needed.
qualifications: Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Education and Experience
- Strong communication skills, able to interact with store locations, VPs, regional managers, and other corporate departments
- Knowledge of SAP detail inventory system
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work load, complete day to day activities, and handle all urgent requests
- Strong computer skills - word, excel, outlook, internet explorer, access, Great Plains
- Advanced Excel experience is a plus
- At least 2 years' experience in accounting/inventory
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is preferred
skills: Inventory - Physical
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.