job summary: Writer and Marketing Communications Specialist - Bloomfield, CT
- This is a contract role expected to last 5 months.
- The position will be about 30 hours per week to start, quickly ramping up to 40 as the candidate is trained. Working hours would be 8:30 am to 5:00 pm ET with some flexibility possible.
- The One Guide Writer and Marketing Communications Specialist is a dedicated resource, responsible for writing One Guide-related content for customers and One Guide personal agents, as well as managing the content creation process.
The One Guide Writer will be a member of the Customer Communications Hub, a team of communication professionals who are part of the Brand Center of Excellence. Hub members:
- Have expertise in project management, health literacy principles, writing, strategy and analytics.
- Ensure customer communications comply with Brand and Clear Communication Policies and are consistent with health literacy best practices.
- Help improve the way the organization communicates with its customers.
The Hub's goal is to create customer communications that are straightforward, engaging, relevant, and personal - helping to make every customer experience simple, intuitive and frictionless. Our mission is to engage customers by creating clear, consistent and relevant communications that build trust, increase retention and accelerate growth.
location: Bloomfield, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 41 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dedicated Copywriter for One Guide customer messages and agent Next Best Actions (NBAs):
2. Project manage content creation and review process from start to finish:
- Write new and revise existing personalized customer messages delivered via the mobile app and website dashboard.
- Write new or revise existing agent NBAs including new agent NBA talking points and "In the Moment" NBA talking points.
3. Provide oversight of messages written by a vendor:
- Lead and manage the Content Creation Workgroup.
- Obtain approval from all stakeholders including Subject Matter Experts, MD, Clinical and Legal reviews.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for content creation including approvals. Refine and update Standard Operating Procedures, as needed.
- Deliver messages to IT for production.
4. Learn and demonstrate an ongoing understanding of the organization's Brand Guidelines, Customer Communication Policy, products, and services
- Attend content development stakeholder meetings.
- Take vendor content through Content Creation Workgroup for review and approval.
- Manage all required additional reviews and approvals: MD, Clinical, SME, Brand and Legal.
- Revise vendor-created content based on feedback from required reviewers. Work with reviewers to integrate required changes while aligning as closely as possible to Brand and Clear Communication guidelines.
to ensure consistent application of this knowledge when developing communications. The successful candidate must be an experienced senior writer, who can demonstrate:
- The ability to write straightforward, direct-to-customer communications that help make the complex simple.
- The ability to take communications from inception to completion and act as a hands-on, consultative writer, skilled at writing content from first draft as well as editing the work of others.
- The ability to confer with Subject Matter Experts, Legal and Compliance and revise copy based on their feedback, while keeping content simple and maintaining a customer friendly tone.
- Strong project management skills with a keen focus on detail including:
- Manage projects from intake through Legal and Compliance approval, while maintaining oversight throughout the entire workflow process.
- Work in large groups and collaborate with business partners on communication objectives and content needs.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Be a passionate representative of, and advocate for, our customers.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of customer-focused experience preferably with an advertising agency or a corporate marketing organization.
- Experience writing for the health care industry.
- Strong understanding of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working within a Content Management System such as SharePoint.
- Ability to work under tight timeframes.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, matrix-oriented environment.
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.