Randstad is partnering with this industry leader to help them find a Merchandise Planner for a contract position in the fast growing market of Columbus, OH!
The Merchandise Planner serves as the business manager for a book of business (collection of sub-brands or classes of merchandise) and is primarily responsible for translating the Merchants' vision into viable plans and profitable results.
location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sales, inventory, and margin plans that tie to financial targets for an assigned Sub-Brand/Category.
- Plans will begin at the Sub-Brand/Category level and will drive to choice-level (Style/Color or Fragrance) plans, creating targeted assortments by cluster (group of stores with similar selling characteristics).
- In partnership with the Merchant, the Planner drives to additional value through optimizing the assortment for these clusters, which may include multiple channels of distribution (Stores, Internet, Catalogue, and Wholesale).
- In collaboration with the Demand/Event Planner, the Merchandise Planner generates demand plans that incorporate statistically-based forecasts, merchandise plans and business knowledge.
- Demand plans provide the basis for future merchandise plans, as well as a forward-looking expectation of sales to inform the distribution process.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Operations, Economics, Business, or Statistics
- 3-7 years of retail demand planning experience, inventory management, allocation or replenishment experience, financial planning or financial analysis experience
- Merchant or merchandising experience a plus
- Assortment/attribute planning experience
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong aptitude with numbers; retail math skills
- Ability to advance to high levels of computer literacy; exposure to relevant planning, finance, analytical, data management systems - systems used: JDA Enterprise Software's Enterprise Planning suite
- Identifies/influences critical stakeholders - proactively problem solves and recommends solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Optimization Mindset - designs and develops models/plans to optimize decisions
- Builds collaborative partnerships cross-functionally; identifies/influences critical stakeholders
- Ability to articulate detailed action plans to successfully accomplish goals
- Understands and executes against business strategy and goals Makes decisions with limited information but also able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please click to apply! You can also send your updated resume, with your contact information to: Jessica Beal Randstad USA Jessica.Beal@randstadusa.com Who We Are - Randstad USA Learn more at www.randstadusa.com I will contact you as soon as possible!
skills: Analysis - Brand/Market
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.