Next-generation pre-IPO gaming and entertainment company is experiencing sustained growth and is seeking Senior In-House Legal Counsel. Fantastic opportunity to join one of the most sought after organizations in the Bay Area. If you enjoy interesting and challenging legal work, this could be a great opportunity to maximize your professional potential.
location: San Mateo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 230,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Law Degree
experience: 10 Years
- Structure, negotiate and draft agreements for sales, marketing, licensing, development and confidentiality, in support of all company products and teams.
- Work on general commercial matters, both independently and with other members of the Legal department.
- Work on the following areas: Privacy and Data Protection, including COPPA and GDPR; Ecommerce, including FinTech, payments and virtual currency; Consumer Protection; and Intellectual Property protection and enforcement.
- Deliver timely, pragmatic, and business-focused legal counsel to our clients and other internal stakeholders, even in ambiguous situations.
- Work closely with Legal department colleagues, as well as with business leaders throughout the company, to provide guidance on business and legal risks, company policies, and mitigation strategies.
qualifications: Soft Skills:
- Very smart. Can boil complex issues down to the bottom line, and give advice that can be operationalized (as opposed to legal theory).
- Goal-oriented, Own it and Get it done. You will be a mini-CEO of your legal work. Achieve those goals. You need to take responsibility for your work, be self-organized and get it done. The General Counsel will assist and guide you whenever you want/need it. But, it is up to you to make sure it gets done.
- Multitasker. Comfortable shuffling/shifting priorities on a dime.
- Super organized, with extreme attention to detail and stellar follow through.
- Really nice. Our legal team is. You need to be as well.
- In-office time/work ethic. You need to put in long hours in the office. This is not a job. It is a career. If you are looking to work from home, leave early or dial it in, this is not a right fit for you. You will love this job and feel well compensated. We need you to work accordingly.
- Transactional lawyer. Contracts is our bread and butter. If you have done e.g., 40% plus litigation work, this isn't right for you.
- Relevant work. Technology, contracts, software, social network, games, privacy work, GDPR, COPPA
- Both law firm and in-house experience
- Around 10 years experience post-bar
- Top law school/university
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to Michael.Gersovitz@randstadusa.com
skills: Contract Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.