Responsible for the accuracy and financial integrity of product cost, manufacturing performance and inventory levels. This candidate will work closely with the Purchasing Department, Materials Department, and Leadership to analyze data.
location: Orange, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Provide accurate and timely cost accounting information
- Plan and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as material purchases, inventory and labor
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs -
- Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Manage month end close of the General Ledger
- Proactively identify key metrics that need to be tracked and provide regular reporting to management
- Reconcile general ledger and perpetual inventory accounts
- Perform labor overhead analysis, sales by product line analysis and other various cost analysis as required
- Analyze monthly inventory loss to assess major discrepancies to standards and rework/scrap levels, and pursue corrective action where warranted
- Participate in annual cost roll review and simulation
- Contribute towards Annual and Monthly financial planning activities
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures
- Participate in cross functional teams
- Address ad-hoc requests for information
- Perform standard cost analysis and conduct cost rolls
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting/finance experience with 2 solid years of Cost Accounting
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to accurately prepare dashboards, daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Experience to include general understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and US GAAP
- Have strong analytical Skills
- Ability to quickly adapt in a variety of settings to meet the unique needs of multiple audiences
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines and work independently
- Strong accountability and follow-through skills
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word skills
- Understanding/Experience with MRP systems
- Oracle experience is a plus
skills: Cost Accounting, Manufacturing Cost Acct
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.