Accounts Payable Supervisor
Successful consumer products company with strong following is currently looking for an Accounts Payable Supervisor for their accounting & finance team. This position will oversee a team of 4 staff from a day to day prospective and handle the ap close as well. Qualified candidates will have 7+ years of AP experience including strong leadership experience.
location: Emeryville, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 7 Years
- Daily management of full cycle Accounts Payable department, including but not limited to vendor setup/maintenance, vendor invoices, weekly check runs, bank accounts management, month end close, T&E administration, and cash forecast.
- Redesign and transform accounts payable processes that support company growing requirement and ensures adherence to policies, guidelines, and internal controls.
- Establish and monitor performance and reporting metrics for the accounts payable cycle.
- Manage month and closing of AP Module, provide support for the month end accrual and related entries, account reconciliations ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Train and evaluate AP specialists to ensure high accuracy of coding transactions.
- Oversee and manage travel & expense reimbursements and corporate credit card processes and policies.
- Manage annual 1099 reporting process.
- Assist with the coordination and gathering of documents to support auditor's requests.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate invoice processing timelines; automate manual procedures.
- Participate in ERP system implementation and upgrades to include design, documentation and testing.
- Provide support to management and other customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc analysis and special projects.
- Collaborate with the other accounting department team members to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Lead, manage and develop team of 4 AP specialists.
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Accounting preferred.
- Over 7 years of progressively responsible accounts payable experience including full AP cycle and supervisory experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to deal with outside vendors, employees and various levels of management in a professional and effective manner. High level of customer service required.
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Can do attitude, self-motivated and results oriented.
- Value business partnership. Proven experience in driving problems to a resolution.
Please apply for more information.
skills: Accounts Payable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.