job summary: Corporate Risk Manager - Portland, Oregon
Corporate Risk Manager - Job Duties:
- This is a contract role expected to last 3 months
- Manage total-cost-of-risk (TCOR) process for all property and casualty risk exposures, to include implementing effective methods of mitigating those risks and develop financing alternatives for potential losses.
- Prepare loss exposure analysis for senior management covering all operations in the US, Canada and Mexico. Identify and recommend appropriate risk management techniques to senior management to reduce the frequency and severity of losses. Work with management to identify, implement, and monitor risk management policies and procedures.
- Manage and coordinate property loss prevention programs for all owned and leased facilities.
- Develop and manage an efficient process for selection and renewal of numerous insurance policies with emphasis on appropriate coverage and aggressively negotiating annual terms, conditions and premiums.
- Develop the annual insurance premium budget (forecast) used by all and affiliate operations for planning purposes.
- Develop criteria for selection and monitoring the performance of third party claims administrators.
- Create and manage an effective program for selecting Insurance brokers in the US, Canada, and Mexico, monitoring their performance and negotiating acceptable annual fees.
- Review contracts per the Contract Management System with a goal of transferring the risk of loss from to third parties as appropriate.
- Assist Controlling and Accounting with a method to allocate premium/program costs to the responsible cost center including costs related to motor vehicle accidents to fleet vehicles. Provide short-term and long-term financial exposure input to Corporate Accounting to assist in developing reserve requirements for self-insured retentions.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in risk management, business, finance or related field
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience in risk management or insurance industry
- At least six years related experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
location: Portland, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $60.00 - 66.76 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
This role is part of the Finance and Operations group: AP, AR, Invoicing, Intercompany Transactions, Risk Management/Insurance. Team of about 35 people local in Portland and outsourced team of approx. 60 people. This position will have limited interaction with outsource team. This position will interact with the director of team and broker out of NY (Frankel Co.) to help manage portfolio and facilitate discussions with Germany. This role works heavily with German colleagues and broker team to manage program. Interaction with legal depending upon cases that arises that goes against one of DTNA's programs/policies. This role covers about 20 difference company programs. Open cube environment. Good amount of experience in risk management is needed. STRONG understanding of insurance - specifically with large global programs. Excel, Word, PowerPoint - basic office skills. Slight potential of assignment extension.
Develop and implement the corporate risk management program in a manner that protects the interests of stakeholders by identifying and managing all threats to the achievement of its business objectives; fulfills the mission and strategic goals of the organization; protects the financial integrity of the corporation; and complies with state, federal, and provincial laws.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors or Master's degree in risk management, business, finance or related field
Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
Previous experience in risk management or insurance industry
At least six years related experience
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge of statistics, data collection, analysis, and data presentation
Professional Risk Management accreditation (CPCU, ARM, AIC, etc.)
Previous experience at a large manufacturing company
skills: Risk Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.