Randstad is partnering with this industry leader to help them find an Operational Risk Manager for a position in the fast growing market of Newark, OH!
The Operational Risk Manager ensures department and organizational compliance with the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework and corporate policies, as well as to meet heightened regulatory expectations for the 2 nd line of defense.
location: Newark, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Supervisory responsibilities: Interview and select candidates for openings, set goals for associates, assign tasks/duties, training, prepare performance improvement plans as necessary, establish workflow, establish and monitor associates schedules, prepare and conduct performance reviews, make recommendations for salary increases, review and approve timecards for 1 or more FTEs
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in the oversight of enterprise model risk management activities including managing the day to day execution of the Enterprise Risk Management program, which includes collaborating with business lines to identify, measure, monitor, and control risk
- Responsible for leading and overseeing effective design, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of PRK's operational risk management program including associate education on operational risk and enterprise risk management principles
- Manage the documentation, implementation, and maintenance of the enterprise risk management program that includes identifying, analyzing, and coordinating mitigation efforts on risks related to operations, compliance, and safety and soundness
- Ensure operational and information technology/security risk management policies and practices align with enterprise risk appetite and regulatory expectations
- Exercise effective challenge and evaluation of key control issues and operational, IT, and IS risks
- Advise or consult with management, auditors, and others on significant initiatives or emerging risks. Maintain an ability to influence through these interactions.
- Provide segment and product-specific expertise in order to execute effective oversight of the business' risk identification, assessment, monitoring and mitigation process
- Manage the process for preparation of consolidated reporting on risks for Management and Board Risk Committees
- Coordinate the risk management program surrounding new enterprise initiatives
- Manage the organization's model risk management practices
- Provide oversight to the third party risk management practices of the organization
- Serve as Secretary to the Board Risk Committee, assist CRO in coordination of Committee meetings
- Monitor regulatory and industry environment for developments, expectations, and ensure heightened standard is met for a bank of our size and complexity
- Ensure that effective quality control practices exist over risk measurement and reporting
- Individually and if applicable, as a manager, participate in identifying, measuring, monitoring, controlling and mitigating departmental and enterprise-wide risks
- Maintain awareness of and adherence to Bank's compliance requirements and risk management concepts, expectations, policies and procedures and apply them to daily tasks
- Moderate to advanced understanding of risk management principles, internal controls, and bank operations
- Exercise sound judgment and decision-making relative to assessing enterprise risk exposures and evaluating mitigating controls.
- Ability to effectively liaise and communicate with business lines, management, and auditors
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to accomplish goals on multiple, highly complex, time-sensitive projects
- Capacity to work independently and collaborate in a team environment
- Deliver consistent, high level service within our Service Excellence guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality and use utmost discretion in handling sensitive information
- Uncompromising commitment to precision and quality control
- Intermediate proficiency in web-based programs and Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's degree required in business-related field of study (accounting, finance, or economics preferred)
- Minimum 6-10-years' experience in the field(s) of banking, auditing, compliance, law, or regulation
- Certifications, professional designations, (e.g., CRMA, CIA, CPA, CERA, CFE, CISA, etc.), or specialized instruction in banking preferred
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please click to apply! You can also send your updated resume, with your contact information to:
Trent Smith Trent.Smith@randstadusa.com
Who is Randstad??
Learn more at www.randstadusa.com
I will contact you as soon as possible!
skills: Certified Internal Auditor
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.