job summary: COST ACCOUNTANT NEEDED
Fast growing distribution company in Westchester County is seeking a Cost Accountant to become an integral part of their Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be able to review, monitor, analyze and report on financial data on cost, productivity & inventory.
location: West Harrison, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Partner with Operations to update and review standard and actual costsReview monthly manufacturing cost activity during monthly close cycle
- Monitor cycle counting processes and variances
- Validate inventory cost reporting
- Identify possible opportunities for improving the efficiency of production
- Partner with operations to be an onsite resource for physical inventory counts, review and analyze overstock and obsolete products
- Assist in consolidated financial budget/forecast
- Assist in cash flow reporting and forecasting
- Construct, validate and monitor data accumulation for financial reporting
- Provide cost analysis results to assist senior management in decision-making or other financial initiatives.
- Perform variance analysis between actual and standard costs.
- Monitor, analyze and report on inventory valuation, production and various other costs.
- Provide productivity analysis.
- Review and analyze product margins for all customers and support Sales department with timely reports.
- Review reporting for trends and investigate abnormalities
- Perform other related duties as required to meet the goals and objectives of the company and Finance Department
- 5+ years in a similar role relating to Cost Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Advanced Excel skills
skills: General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Inventory, Inventory Physical, Cost Reporting, Inventory - Physical, Cost of Goods Sold
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.