job summary: Benefits Manager
Permanent / Full time opportunity
Randstad is looking for a Benefits Manager. In this role the Benefits Manager is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of the banks benefit programs. Researching and recommending new benefit programs, improving existing benefits and supervising and monitoring benefit administration
location: Salem, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Include the following (but is not limited to:)
- Manages the open enrollment process and educates employee population on benefit plan offerings.
- Responsible for creation and updates to all "Life Events" and approval processes within HRIS system.
- Responsible for ACA compliance including managing ACA related modules within HRIS system and government reporting. Stay abreast of new regulations.
- Manages the benefits communication process working with HR management, consultants and vendors to draft and prepare benefit materials.
- Manages employee wellness programs.
- Responsible for benefit record keeping including reconciliations of monthly invoices
- Prepares a monthly medical expense report from the health insurance billing system and creates reports for reconciliation by the Accounting Department.
- Supervises first day orientation for new employees regarding company policies, procedures and benefits, and ensures completion of all necessary employment paperwork has been completed within HRIS system.
- Oversees maintenance of employee benefit files and updating of employee HRIS records.
- Stays abreast of employment benefits trends and regulatory issues through participation in projects and surveys, vendor contacts and consultants, employer networks and continuing education.
qualifications: EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Benefits Management/Administration REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification/advanced degree in benefits/compensation administration PREFERRED
- Demonstrated supervisory experience REQUIRED
- $85K-$95K (to commensurate with experience)
If interested, please submit your resume today to Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org. Not ready to apply but want to learn more, call Kathleen at 781-897-5218.
skills: Benefit Administration
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.