Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Randstad Professionals is currently seeking a Payroll and Benefits Specialist for a distribution client in South Charlotte, NC. This is a new facility that opened up. The company has a international footprint. This position is a permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary plus bonus.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 28 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
· Prepares, distributes and reports the Company's payroll including but not limited to the calculation of wages, overtime, benefit deductions and other deductions to ensure compliance with federal and applicable state laws.
· Run interface with the time keeping system and review system reports for completeness and accuracy.
· Prepares various reports, including forecasting payroll, cash needs and benefits requirements.
· Enters payroll journal entries and performs account reconciliations ensuring that information is processed in a timely and accurate manner and as per the close schedule.
· Responds to employees' and managers' payroll and timecard related questions and inquiries
· 5+ years' experience with payroll processing, including experience international payroll, commissions and bonuses
ADP experience heavily favored.
· Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or a related major.
· Must be familiar with the regulatory environment entailed with payroll administration as well as ethical practices and procedures.
· Must understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
· CPP preferred
skills: Certified Payroll Professional
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.