job summary: Accounting Supervisor
With offices across the U.S., we're united by common mission and common values of excellent member service. With more than 13,000 employees in 21 states, we provide legendary service to 15 million loyal members. With a constantly growing membership, we are always welcoming dedicated professionals looking to challenge themselves and build a career within our dynamic organization. You will find that being part of a very successful team is extremely rewarding. Description
Lead a team of up to 5 accountants in the day-to-day general ledger operations for our Insurance companies across all markets.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- This position is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the monthly internal financial statements and reviewing all monthly journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations for the companies assigned.
- This position is also responsible for monthly expense and revenue analysis, quarterly and annual Yellow Book preparation, premium tax filings, and special projects as needed.
- Besides supervising and mentoring the core team, this supervisor must ensure that statutory accounting standards and practices are met and department policies and procedures are documented and followed.
- The person in this role is expected to find ways to improve the effectiveness of processes by automating and/or improving process design and execution.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Must have at least five years accounting experience
- CPA or CPA candidate is preferred, not required
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Proven increase in responsibility in prior positions
- Solid understanding of Statutory AccountingPrinciples
- Insurance industry experience required, prefer P&C specific experience
- Ability to lead, train and develop team members
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advance knowledge of Excel
- Oracle and/or Hyperion HFM experience a plus
- Willing to work additional hours/weekends to meet deadlines as needed.
- Successful completion of Auto Club pre-employment assessments, background and drug screenings
- Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Career opportunities across multiple business lines and states
skills: General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.