This is a direct hire Controller position with a multinational, multidivisional company North of Boston. This is an immediate need for a leader to drive financial performance, mentor/develop staff and support/guide senior executives. The Controller is a key business partner enabling growth and operational efficiency. This person will guide and influence key decision makers (often be a decision maker)
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
The position will oversee the global accounting and financial reporting functions and ensure GAAP compliance, as well as establish/strengthen accounting policies & procedures, system improvements. The position will provide long/short term planning.
- Oversee global financial accounting functions and ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and consolidations
- Manage fiscal closes, produce and analyze financial statements
- Strengthen and maintain accounting policies and procedures and ensure GAAP compliance
- Prepare financial reports for senior executives
- Provide proactive management reporting - identify potential issues/opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Prepare strategic, deep dive analysis of actual results highlighting trends and variances
- Coordinate, prepare and review periodical reports and audits
- Develop, train and mentor staff
The ideal candidate will have:
- BS in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA and advanced degree is preferred
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Prior public accounting exposure
- Previous experience in global environment is strongly desired
- Strong communication and presentation skills required. Must be able to work closely with senior executives
- Ability to adapt and quickly change gears is required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.