If you love the variety of work in public accounting but could do without the hours of "busy season", we have a great opportunity to discuss with you.
Our client is looking for a career-oriented IT Audit professional to join their team in Norfolk/VB area. This is an opportunity to work with top management (former leader is a Big 4 professional), and be part of something big and new. Ideally looking for someone with 3+ years of auditing background who wants to make an impact and leave a footprint.
location: Norfolk, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Working with IT staff and audit management, leads and participates in audit activities, including identifying key internal controls, determining the scope and objectives of audits, and the development of audit budgets, timelines, and work plans, and identifies and designs appropriate audit tests.
- Develops and executes audit work plans needed to achieve objectives that focus on potential risks and key controls, and prepares working papers in accordance with Internal Audit Standards; including the use of narratives, flowcharts, sampling, or computer application tools. Assesses the nature and adequacy of key IT controls that affect the security and processing integrity of information systems.
- Participates in the development, planning and implementation of fraud investigations involving highly confidential information.
- Creates and delivers presentations to management, discusses audit findings and conclusions, and recommends corrective action to improve operations and reduce costs. Performs follow-up audit techniques with management to ascertain implementation of recommendations and assess the adequacy of the corrective action.
- With guidance and oversight, leads and prepares communication with the IT organization, including written and verbal deliverables. Aids in the preparation of formal written reports for management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Performs risk assessments to assist internal audit department management in formulating risk-based audit plans, including the implementation of fraud risk assessments.
- Participates in the Company's annual process for maintaining compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (SOX). Responsibilities may include coordinating process documentation, developing test plans, and the execution of test plans to ensure key IT internal controls are in place and are operating effectively.
- Reviews the work of other audit staff to ensure completeness and reasonableness of documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Proven working experience as a IT Auditor - 3+ years
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Tathiane.Thompson@RandstadUSA.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.